Tour Price - $2,089.00
6 days / 5 nights (includes all breakfasts & dinners, airport transfers)
Tour Dates 2013
June 23 - 28
July 21 - 26
Aug. 11 - 16
September 15 - 20
Bicycle Rental - Complimentary Trek bicycle, fully outfitted for touring.
Single Supplement - $500.00
Rochester, NY Airport or Pittsford, NY
Cycling Level - Moderate
Terrain - Rolling terrain with flat stretches & several moderate hills on most days. 25-45 mile average daily distances, with longer options available.
New York: Finger Lakes–Keuka Lake Wine Trail Canandaigua, Keuka & Seneca Lakes, Historic Corning, & Watkins Glen, NY
Eleven glorious lakes offer spectacular beauty. We focus on Canandaigua, Keuka and Seneca Lakes, taking in the historical and agricultural bounty of this region. Highlights include seeing the traditional horse and carriage of Amish and Mennonite farmers, the serenity of lakeshore rides, rolling farmland dotted with picturesque dairy farms, and a visit to Watkins Glen.
Our rides have been carefully crafted to take you on a journey back through time, as you will enjoy several rural towns including Hammondsport and Penn Yan. With a fully supported route and a “cycle at your own pace” itinerary you’ll have ample time to explore these towns with their antique shops and Victorian buildings. Comfortable lodging, scenic cycling, and stops at noted wineries will also be daily highlights.
For the wine lover there is much to be excited about, as our route includes some the best in the area, including Dr. Konstantin Frank, Heron Hill, Fox Run and Glenora. And you may enjoy the simple visual pleasures of meticulously maintained vineyards and ornate gardens. Please join us!!
• Use of a Classic Adventures bicycle (Trek hybrid or road bike)
• A non-regimented, “cycle at your own pace itinerary” with an average of 30-50 miles per day with the option of additional or fewer miles.
• Lodging in select country inns & hotels.
• Daily breakfast & dinners (fewer dinners for some tours; see individual tour descriptions and prices).
• Free transfers and long term parking.
• Full van support.
• Detailed maps, route descriptions, and cultural information on a daily basis.
• Most commercial transportation within the country of most tours. (See daily itineraries for specific transfer information).
• Friendly and experienced multi-pngual guides.
• Expert bicycle mechanics.
• Guided tours of selected historical Destinations visited.
• Pre-departure information packet includes: tour specific info., reading pst, packing pst, training suggestions, riding tips, etc.
• Classic Adventures T-shirt.
• All bicycles come equipped with trunk bag; rear rack; water bottles; lock; pump; spare tube; odometer/computer.
New York: Finger Lakes–Keuka Lake Wine Trail
"We had a great time. This was a trip we didn’t want to end. What an excellent mix of terrain, scenery, accommodations, & food!"
Gary & Mary Ann Sedlacek – Clairton, PA
Day 1. Arrive at the Del Monte Lodge in Pittsford, NY (Rochester airport). Bicycle fitting and a short warm-up ride followed by a wine reception and dinner. (10 miles)
Day 2. Ride along the Historic Erie Canal to Palmyra, NY, home to the Joseph Smith Farm then cycle to the Inn on Canandaigua Lake. Visit to the NYS Culinary & Wine Center is sure to please. (18 or 42 miles, rolling)
Day 3. Depart on a rolling ride along the perimeter of Canadaigua Lake, heading through historic Naples and on to Esperanza Mansion, a recently renovated 1800’s inn with breathtaking views of Keuka Lake. (33 or 50 miles)
Day 4. Wind through the charming village of Penn Yan with its quaint shops and the Oliver House Museum. The ride continues to the lakeshore, gently making its way to Hammondsport. The town square gazebo, boutique shops, and old time ice cream parlor hearken back to early days of America’s history. The Glenn Curtiss Museum (named for the father of naval aviation) depicts early days of flight. Lodging: Esperanza Mansion. (29 or 45 miles)
Day 5. Pass by well-known wineries, including Fox Run and Anthony Road, and end at the acclaimed Glenora Winery, situated on Seneca Lake. Ride through Amish & Mennonite countryside and gently rolling farmland. Lodge at the award winning Glenora Inn overlooking Seneca Lake. Optional 2 hour hike of Watkins Glen. (20 or 41 miles)
Day 6. Breakfast, final farewells, and transfer back to Rochester Int’l Airport or your car in Pittsford.